Thursday, September 2, 2010

Speaking Season - 21 of 107



Last night my Super Deluxe Robot Leg and I got some *star* treatment by the Sound Engineer for Mitchell Auditorium at the College of St. Scholastica - Scott Pike. Scott recently took this job to be home with family after 20 years on the road with rock groups like Toto, Aerosmith, and yes, my favorite, STYX! His adventures took him all over the world, but he said life in Duluth is just as rewarding, now that he finally has more time to spend with his wife of 25 years and four kids.

Many speakers like to say they shared the stage with other top speakers - but how many can say they've shared the same Sound Engineer as Dennis DeYoung? Sound and lights were definitely in good hands last night.

-----

I started yesterday morning in Marshall, took 5 hours to get to Duluth just in time for my set-up, then another 3 hours to Bemidji, MN, landing me at lakeside hotel at about 12:30 am. One last presentation tonight before the Labor Day weekend - and I'll again be without volunteer help. Likely a small meeting, but as beautiful as Bemidji is, I bet there are still plenty of students who'd love to get the chance to walk on the Great Wall of China next summer - so I'm getting ready to be ready - to Speak & Deliver!

2 comments:

  1. Rock on, Rich!

    John Zimmer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that part of the country. I was stationed in Duluth YEARS ago. The Summers were great there . . . both weeks! The people were wonderful I'm sure you really rocked the house.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...